A hearty welcome

Welcome to my page. Quite simply, it is a baking blog that holds my baking ventures. I have dedicated myself to regular baking experiments and promised to include detailed notes and hopefully the recipe and a picture or two!
Enjoy, and please feel free to leave comments.

~A

Friday 2 August 2013

Something Cold

This one is a little different.

Yes, it is the middle of winter, and yes, I made ice-cream. But when you taste this delectably creamy tub of glory, you will be making it all through the year.

And surprisingly, the recipe is very easy. It also requires no special ice-cream maker or any of that nonsense. Although I did use a KitchenAid, which is very helpful, so if you do have one on hand, please use it for it will make your life that little bit more fun!

My ice-cream is infused with fresh lemon rind, which is probably one of my favourite flavours.

Ingredients: 


  • 3 eggs (once again I use my fresh duck eggs which are larger and richer so it had a creamier taste)
  • 500 ml cream
  • 1 cup icing sugar
  • Rind of two small lemons

Method:


  1. Separate the eggs
  2. Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and glossy
  3. Put the egg whites away in a bowl to sit
  4. Beat the cream and icing sugar until thick and creamy
  5. Add the egg yolks and lemon rind (careful not to grate the white pith for it makes the flavour bitter) - combine 
  6. Gently fold in the egg whites until smooth
  7. Pour gently in an ice-cream container or any other kind of plastic box with a lid and freeze overnight

Voila!

The lemon rind will gently permeate the ice-cream with a beautiful aromatic flavour that adds freshness to the creaminess.
Adding a few cherries on top always helps...







No comments:

Post a Comment