A hearty welcome

Welcome to my page. Quite simply, it is a baking blog that holds my baking ventures. I have dedicated myself to regular baking experiments and promised to include detailed notes and hopefully the recipe and a picture or two!
Enjoy, and please feel free to leave comments.

~A

Monday 15 July 2013

First Day

I will not be committing myself to baking everyday... just in case you got the wrong idea... but I will replay the ups and downs of my baking attempts.

As it happens, I got the idea to start (another) blog because I happen to be in the process of baking as I write.
I had a restless night filled with visions of cherries, coffee, cream and chocolate and so it was only inevitable that when I woke up that I would be baking something that included these 'c' ingredients.
A chocolate coffee cake, with a cherry and cream filling, topped with a voluptuously dripping chocolate ganache. It is a cake that you see only in your dreams, as soon as you start that never ending diet.
So far, this cake seems to be that woman. The woman in the corner of the room, with red curly hair and a little black dress. Mysteriously distant, yet tantalisingly close. At least, for me, its that man. With bright eyes and midnight black hair... Perhaps you think it is odd that a humans could be used as a metaphor for cake, but I don't think so. Anything that has the potential to be a form of description can be used in a variety of ways; cake being one of them.
So far, my cake is baked, and cooling, the cherry filling is chilling in the fridge and my whipped cream will be started shortly.
Can't wait to sink my teeth into this darkly rich form of deliciousness.

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment