A hearty welcome

Welcome to my page. Quite simply, it is a baking blog that holds my baking ventures. I have dedicated myself to regular baking experiments and promised to include detailed notes and hopefully the recipe and a picture or two!
Enjoy, and please feel free to leave comments.

~A

Thursday 18 July 2013

So Far So Good

My second baking attempt came suddenly and unexpectedly.
A friend came over today, and we needed something to do - it was threatening to rain so we had to find something fun, yet productive (by the way google, washing the dog does not could as 'fun'). In the end, baking seemed the best option.
We wanted sweet. Delicious. And of course, chocolate. Looking through chocolate recipes it was hard to pick one thing, then I remembered seeing something I pinned to my Baking board on Pinterest.
One thing I have always wanted to try is a tart/pie, the shallow ones with the creamy centre - so I found this recipe and it was for a chocolate tart!

With fresh cream from a local farm and eggs from both my chickens and ducks, this tart was to be the best!

It was better than I could've expected - thick and creamy, smooth and dark this tart was visually appealing, and its striking colour and heady scent attracted plenty of eager tasters.

Enjoy the photos as you drool.

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment