A hearty welcome

Welcome to my page. Quite simply, it is a baking blog that holds my baking ventures. I have dedicated myself to regular baking experiments and promised to include detailed notes and hopefully the recipe and a picture or two!
Enjoy, and please feel free to leave comments.

~A

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Just the beginning

Well, it is done.

I have finished the 'big one' and to be honest, I'm rather impressed with myself. It did seem a rather ambitious cake to start off this adventure with, but the success has made me confident... and possibly contributed to a fatter head.
The cake is succulently moist yet still perfectly cooked, the cream is freshly whipped, fluffy and light (I added a bit of vanilla), the ganache is darkly luscious and the cherries are delightfully tangy. Arg.

Leave me to indulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment